Find me on Twitter @cakehurstryan
Find me on Racket @cakehurstryan
Throughout my 13+ year career I’ve had a variety of roles as a Test Engineer, Test Lead, Project Manager and Agile coach. As a result I have a well rounded approach to leadership in an Agile environment, both as part of test and the wider team including stakeholder management and the provision of team KPI.
In addition to being a servant leader and facilitating team discussions, I don’t shy away from decision making and will always work with people to find the best outcomes possible.
- Accessibility and human factors testing; from design to implementation.
- Implementing and executing full stack agile testing approaches.
- Providing quality narratives to help shape product decisions.
- Building cross disciplined agile teams.
Experience with various industry sectors including: Fintech, Finance, Banking, Broadcast, Retail and Public Safety.
Currently investigating continuous testing in CI/CD pipelines using Selenium in Docker (orchestrated through Docker compose).
- Exploratory Testing AMA – Ministry of Testing (April 2021)
- Conversations: Exploratory Testing – TestBuddy (March 2021)
- Exploring the use of Exploratory Testing – QA in London (May 2020)
- Introduction to Docker – Quality Advocates (May 2020)
- Should we all become SDITs? – iO Virtual Meetups (May 2020)
- Testing in the DevOps World – Scott Logic (April 2020)
- Exploratory Testing Workshop – Quality Advocates (Feb 2020)
- The power of “Yes And…”; using Improv in Agile – Scott Logic (March 2020)
- How Diversity Helps Testing and Analysis – Blackmetric (Dec 2019)
- Testing Progressive Web Apps – NE: Tech (Nov 2019)
- Exploratory Testing Lean Coffee – Scott Logic (Nov 2019)
- Testing Progressive Web Apps – Test.Bash(); (Oct 2019)
- Diversity of Thought in Testing – South West Test (August 2019)
- Diversity of Thought in Testing – MOT Newcastle (July 2019)
Kick ass Dungeon Mastering
I’ve been a DM for the last 15 years, running D&D campaigns across multiple editions (most recently 5th edition). By engaging players as characters and weaving narrative through descriptions and storytelling, I ensure my players have full autonomy in the worlds I create.
I’m currently running a Curse of Strahd campaign because vampires are cool!
Recently I’ve been working with Survivors UK to use Dungeons and Dragons as a means to support counseling and group work for victims of sexual abuse.